Samuel and Hunter loved riding the 4wheeler. We rode it almost every day we were out there. Hunter you could hear even when way out in the pasture saying weeee as he went for a ride.
While visiting family my dad took us to Ohio Caverns so Samuel could see the caves like in the pictures that were on the postcards Samuel received from them during school. Samuel loved it! As we were walking through he said he wanted to see a bat and sure enough he got to see one up close. I just did not realize how close until I had to walk under it and if I had reached my hand up above me I could have touched it (YIKES!!!).
Grandpa was outside with the kids playing. They played kick ball together and I was impressed how well my grandpa could still run and play with the kids so well. The kids really enjoyed playing with him and visiting with grandma inside.
Samuel got a bb gun for his birthday and papaw was teaching him how to use it safely. He was a really good shot. I was impressed with how he did.
The only time that you would see Baylin smiling on the 4wheeler. Poor kid had a bad experience with me getting too close to the water with him that it scared him enough that he would not get on again with me until the end of our trip and only for a very short period of time. Maybe next time he won't be too afraid to try again.
We had a lot of fun on our trip to Ohio. The boys did good on the car ride to and from. We made lots of fun memories with our family that the boys will remember forever. Lots of time outside enjoying the freedom of land to run and play on everyday. Watching deer out in the pasture and following their footprints down to the creek. Riding the 4wheeler, riding the wagon down the hill to the pasture, playing in the water everyday, water balloon fights with uncle Zane, fireflies, watching dad shoot raccoons (something you can never do in the city!), and ice cream from West Liberty (yummy!!!!), not to mention Marie's Candy where the chocolate is amazing!! Not to mention the samples like chocolate covered bacon (never eat that again) and watermelon flavored chocolate (different). Totally greatful for the this great opportunity to be with family and see my grandparents again and for them to meet Baylin and Hunter (who they have never met until this summer). Thanks to my family for all the help and great time had by all on our trip.
4 comments:
It was wonderful to see you again with your boys! Little Hunter is such a flirt - he's cute and he knows it. :)
Haden loves to ride his Grandpa's 4 wheelers, too! I love having a place like that where my kids can build bonfires, ride 4 wheelers, chase chickens, etc!
It was wonderful to see you and the boys! I miss seeing you! Sorry we had to head out to KC and didn't have much time to get together.
Hey Heather and Ira! This Sarah Trosper. I'm going to be in your kneck of the woods at the end of the week. I'd love to get together with you guys sometime. Let me know when you are free. Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment