Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Legal...(I say it with relief). Yesterday evening as I was getting gas at Costco I look at my license plate wondering when they expire. I thought it was some time soon that I should be getting that little poster card in the mail. To my utter dismay and extreme horror I see a 2 and a 10!!!!! What????!! My plates expired in February!!!!!!! I am in BIG trouble!!!! I worried all night and earlier today about what might play out for today. I thought for sure now that I know they are expired I would get pulled over or when I would go to renew that they would see it in the parking lot and haul me off to jail. And what of my poor kids they would be traumatized for life!!! Or what if they asked me if I had been driving the vehicle this whole time what would happen then!!???? Okay, maybe I have a really good imagination and I was thinking of the worst of things that could happen. A little extreme I know. So when I walked in to renew, making sure I parked far enough away from the entrance and parked among a group of cars to help blend me in (just in case a cop did drive by) I felt I had done all I could. They asked nothing of me driving the vehicle, no cops took me away in hand cuffs, and no ticket for being expired. Just told me the amount owed, gave me my stickers, and sent me on my way. I could have kissed those stickers as I was placing them over my expired ones. Relief coming over me as I now am legal again. (Currently taking a deep breath of relief.) It is over.

2 comments:

D.B. said...

Well, maybe we can remind you next year as ours both expire this month too. Bridgette just got them today as well. Your boys probably would have loved getting pulled over and seeing the flashing lights. And to get out of the ticket you could tell the cop your boys love cop cars and ask if he would let them see inside and run the siren LOL

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Isn't it Ira that should be worried about being deported?! HAHA! Just kidding! Sarah attracts dumb cops the day they expire!