All bundled up and ready to see Santa!
or not...
We ventured to the zoo to see santa and the christmas lights. This was how excited Hunter was to see the big guy. And Samuel and Baylin would not even go near him.

I told the boys to pretend they had been snagged by the spider in his web. This is their acting.
One of the whole gang on santa's sleigh.
Pictures from Hunter's birthday. A friend bought him this lion. He loved it!! Here he is kissing the lion!
Here is the ham on his birthday.
So the pictures are not in order for how he started with the cake. The last one is first and come straight back up. So the first thing he did after we sat the cake in front of him was he bent over 2 times sticking his nose on the cake the second time actually getting frosting on his nose. After that he started tasting it (with his mouth). I guess if the nose says it is ok than it must be ok.
Those who know me know that I can not icing anything for the life of me. I am just not good at baking period. I can make it so you can eat it but it doesn't look pretty. So the picture below impresses me more than it may you. I did this free handed and good not believe it came out as a dinosaur (what I was trying to make!). I could not believe it! I still can't believe it!! This will be in the history books!!! Now for Hunter's individual cake did not get so lucky. It started out as white icing (which by the way still is under all that dye) and I was so happy that that looked good that I thought I could actually decorate his cake since I did so well on the first and actually did this one all right to start. Too much confidence took me over the edge. I went from trying to put a number one (didn't look like a one), to a smily face (no where near), to balloons (what was I thinking?!), to what color can I create from this grey mess of food coloring?... So I added red and what does that make?.. brown. I gave up at that point since it had taken me the whole nap time 2 hours to icing cake!!! Called my sister and they brought over some premade decor stuff and topped his cake for me. Thank goodness I don't have any more birthdays for 6 months. I am done decorating cakes.
2 comments:
Heather, you have the cutest family. I'm with you on the cake thing. Maybe it is because I don't want to eat it so I don't care enough, but non the less.....
Happy Birthday and Happy new car.
Merry Christmas to your family!
Post a Comment