Saturday, April 26, 2008

Okay, we are here in Salinas and unpacked! Well, maybe not too suprising that we are unpacked since all we have was shoved in the car. The weather has been beautiful and I have already got myself lost trying to get back from the bank. Our apartment is nice and we are close to stores that we use often. Ira has already started working and his arms have gotten darker from one day in the sun. Surprise... Surprise....
Wanted to say thanks to everyone for all your help with the move from packing to providing a place for us each night in our travels. A special thanks to Kim for making things fit in the car that otherwise would not and thanks to Annie for the treats. The starburst were a life saver when Samuel could not take it any longer in the car, but needed to go just a little further.
In case anyone was wondering it takes 19 minutes to get through the alphabet game out in the middle of nowhere in the Salt Flats and only takes 3 minutes in a city such as Sacramento. Thought that would be useful information.
One more thing. Baylin is teething and any day now will have two teeth on the bottom. When it rains it pours, right?...Thank goodness he is a happy baby.
Love and miss you all!!!!

4 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

We thought you were going to stop here to spend the night?! Thanks for calling!

Meggin said...

I am so glad to hear that you arrived safely and that things are going well! Adam and I were talking about you on the way to church this afternoon and just discussing that we really hope that you have a great summer out there!

Kim said...

Wahoo!!! Let the summer begin! I will call you with my brothers number!

Miller Family said...

Oh, being in CA for the summer sounds awesome! I wish I had the faith to leave everything and take off for the summer =0) I'm firmly planted in Ohio! The thought of leaving here terrifies me! Hope you have fun!